forum.bjork.fr
mike

Ingénieures du son : Marta Salogni, Heba Kadry et Mandy Parnell

sujet d'origine : Björk & le féminisme : sexisme dans la musique, etc. +++

Le 26/10/2017 à 11:39, aifol a dit :

Ce qui est appréciable c'est, en plus, de ses pointages appuyés sur les inégalités de traitement ou de manque de reconnaissance / visibilité, elle fait en sorte que cela change  :

Citation

She used two female sound engineers/mixers—one from Egypt—which is pretty rare in the music biz +++

:wub:

aah du coup je mène l'enquête.
ici une liste d'artistes égyptiennes expérimentales: http://m.cairoscene.com/SceneNoise/7-Egyptian-Women-Excelling-at-Making-Experimental-Musicà creuser, il y a des choses intéressantes

et la 2ème c'est peut encore Mandy Parnell?

• I like 2

je mise tout sur FRKTL. :bluff:

Spoiler

elle habite à Londres

ce titre est sublime

FRKTL — Prologue from Sarah Badr on Vimeo.

https://soundcloud.com/shbadr

Citation
Sarah Badr aka FRKTL released Qualia, a fantastically constructed piece mixing experimental neo-classical and ambient electronica bringing forth a refreshingly new sound to Egypt's growing musical landscape.

Citation
et la 2ème c'est peut encore Mandy Parnell?

ça serait le plus plausible, oui

• I like 1

Marta Salogni

Ho collaborato a molti progetti come quello di Frank Ocean (a New York), The XX, FKA Twigs, Sampha, Goldfrapp, Glass Animals e molti altri

Et le passage sur Utopia (j'essaie de vous traduire ça) :

Stavo lavorando in studio quando il manager della cantante islandese mi ha contattata per chiedermi due tracce di prova da mixare: non ci volevo credere. Ho svolto il lavoro e dopo qualche giorno sono stata contattata da Björk in persona che mi ha invitato a Reykjavik per mixarle il nuovo album, "Utopia" - spiega la capriolese -. Sono stata tre settimane ad agosto con lei in Islanda: abbiamo lavorato molto e siamo uscite insieme. Björk è una persona fantastica, generosa e profonda, oltre che un’artista straordinaria. Mixare per lei è stato come trasferire su traccia una tela che lei dipingeva davanti a me con le sue parole».

Elle travaillait en studio quand le manager de Bjork l'a contactée pour un essai de mixage, elle voulait pas y croire. Elle a abandonné ce qu'elle foutait pour faire ça, Björk l'a invitée à venir mixer à Reykjavik. Elle y est allée 3 semaines en Aout, elle sont potes. Bjork est une personne fantastique généreuse et profonde, et une artiste extraordinaire. Mixer pour elle c'était comme faire une piste basée sur la toile de Bjork aurait peinte devant elle avec ses mots.

Sa page discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/4041636-Marta-Salogni

Bizarre, aucun crédit pour The Gate alors qu'elle a tweeté que c'était bien elle...

Edited by Mansion

Can finally reveal that for the last year I had the honour of epic proportions to mix Björk’s outstanding 9th album “Utopia” with the incredible @martasalogni

Being part of one of the greatest visionaries of our time’s creative cocoon in the arresting nature of Iceland is an experience I will never forget.

Engineered by the raddest @bergurth & mastered exquisitely by @blacksaloon

Heart is bursting ❤️ Special shout out to Robin Carolan of @trianglerecords

• I like 1

long article à propos de son travail avec Björk

Citation

'Inevitably you start creating a bond’: producer Marta Salogni on working with Bjork on new album Utopia

“She would be there every day and was very involved,” Salogni notes. “But she is very trusting. I would make a start on a track and she would give me so much freedom to do as much or as little as I wanted to make it sound how I imagined it. When I had a draft of what my vision was I would let her know and she would drop by and listen and tell me what she thought. She’s very good at describing what she wants in a way that is so direct. She would paint a picture in my head and through that I could transform the mix. She’d be listening at home or in the studio, we’d compare different rooms. Then we would go and have dinner somewhere or go for a walk… it made you feel very familiar and at home.”

• I like 4

Heba Kadry, Mandy Parnell et Marta Salogni en interview

Citation

Go behind the scenes of Björk’s Utopia with the women who engineered it

Heba Kadry, Marta Salogni, and Mandy Parnell discuss the radical joy of working with Björk.

http://www.thefader.com/2017/12/14/bjork-utopia-engineers-heba-kadry-mandy-parnell-marta-salogni

• Thank you ! 4

ohohoh je visualise très bien la scène.

Citation

Heba : it’s a bit of a bumpy ride. She blasts really loud music. 

Citation

Björk : "You know what? Fuck the rules. I don't care. I don't have to have massive names on my record. I want to push women forward."

<3 

leurs témoignages (toute à la fin) sont très positifs, je bois du petit lait.

• I like 3